Thing 11: The Outsiders Trailer–Slideshow

I LOVE Rock You!  OMG!!!!! I can SOOOOO see my students loving this wonderful slideshow tool.  We always run into the problem of music.  Instead of the students having to search for creative commons music, they can use the library of music built into this site.  From creating my own little trailer, I have decided that this would be an extremely cool learning experience for my students to address more abstract concepts.  We will be reading The Giver in the spring.  There is not a movie out yet, due to some complications (It was supposed to be released fall 2007.).  This is a “quick and dirty” way to take the place of shooting a trailer–I would love my students to come up with a trailer representing the theme of the novel.  How awesome!  I think this is one of my favorite tools so far!

Check out my trailer:  The Outsiders

4 thoughts on “Thing 11: The Outsiders Trailer–Slideshow

1. I agree with you totally. This is really one of my most favorite tools thus far. I see many, many possibilities for using it in my PreK classroom. I can totally envision having students re-tell stories, dictate original stories from images they see on screen, create math stories, write original stories etc. all on the computer….one of THEIR favorite learning tools. In my slideshow, I chose bubbleshare which fit the nature of my students right now. However, I loved your rock and roll trailer and was even more interested since I love the book as well. It made me stop and realize that I could now teach my own children about these tools so that they can start using them for their own projects…especially book reports.

2. This is why science teachers are so concrete, no imagery of the soul. I really admired how you fit the story line to the pictures you used. And yes, for my slide show I also used Rock You. I like the use of music to enhance the pictures.

3. Pingback: Thing 12 - Signs! Signs! Everywhere Signs! | The LAB-rynth of Science